Friday, January 24, 2014

Passionfruit cheesecake at Cafe Schober in Zürich

Dear Friends, I am The Homesick Potter.

I am driven to find that perfect brew that is also known as coffee. But truth be told, it is not just about the coffee. It is about the whole experience of finding a place where the ambience is right, the service is friendly, the eye is getting its candy and so are the taste buds.

Zürich does not lack cafes, in fact I am not sure how many I should list. But I might as well begin now.



Today I went to  Cafe Schobermap


I scouted it out the day before, during a walk when the window decoration took me by surprise.



 A narrow entrance leads to a room which resembles a sweet shop. Packaged sweets rival the assortment of cakes. 



 My eyes rest on a passionfruit cheesecake. 

The coffee I ordered is called "a Schale" or more precisely a shawle. I did ask for a double shot. Nice and strong! The California cheesecake has a crunchy base with a rich but not too sweet vanilla creme cheese filling. The top consists of a tangy passionfruit layer which is peppered with seeds adding an additional burst of flavour. The three elements are in perfect harmony with each other.  I should mention the art on the third floor is by Mischa Kaufmann. It's worth going up the stairs. 

My days work is done. Moreover, the waiter was easy on the eye and extremely pleasant.  I managed to satisfy all my senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment